Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Piscilla Shirer: Preachin It!

Thanks to a fellow blogger, thanks JMom... I have come upon the Priscilla Shirer quote I have been search for from the Anointed, Transformed, Redeemed Series. Thank you!

Remember the beautiful woman I described before. "If you've never seen Priscilla speak, imagine a beautiful African American women speaking boldly and passionately as she preaches each line to her fellow sisters in Christ about WHO GOD IS. If you have heard her, imagine the women you've seen and heard."

Priscilla says,

He Is…..
The First and the Last
The Beginning and the end
The keeper of creation
The creator of all
He’s the architect of the universe
And the manager of all time

He always was, always is and always will be.
Unmoved, unchanged, undefeated and never undone

He was bruised but brought healing,
He was pierced but eased pain,
He was persecuted but brought freedom
He was dead and brings life
He is risen to bring power
And he reigns to bring peace

The world can’t understand Him
Armies can’t defeat Him
Schools can’t explain Him
And leaders they can’t ignore Him

Harold couldn’t kill Him
Nero couldn’t crush Him
The new age can not replace Him
And Oprah can not explain Him away

He IS Life,
HE IS Love,
HE IS Longevity and He IS The LORD
HE IS Goodness, kindness, faithfulness

And HE IS GOD
HE IS holy and righteous
and powerful and pure

His ways are right,
His word eternal
His will unchanging
And His mind is on us

He is our savior, our guide,
Our peace, our joy, our comfort
Our Lord and He rules our lives,

I serve Him because His bond is love
His yoke is easy His burden is light
And His goal for us is abundant life.

I follow Him because,
He Is the wisdom of the wise
The power of the powerful
The ancient of days, the ruler of rulers,
The leader of all leaders,
His goal is a relationship with me

He will never leave you, never forsake you
Never mislead you, never forget you,
Never overlook you and
Never cancel your appointment is His appointment book.

When you fall He’ll lift you up,
When you fail He will forgive you.
When your weak He’s strong,
When your lost He’s your way
When your afraid He is your courage,
When you stumble He will steady you,
When your hurt He Is going to heal you,
When your broken He will mend you,
When your blind He will lead you,
When your hungry He will feed you,
When you face trials He Is with you,
When I face persecution He shields me,
When I face problems He will comfort me,
When I face loss He will provide for me,

And when we face death
He will carry us all home to meet Him.

He is everything for everybody,
everywhere ,every time,
And in every way.

He is your God

and that sister’s is who you belong to.

Amen! I will rest tonight in the beauty of our Lord! He IS! Thank you for the reminder, Pricilla. Amen!

9 comments:

Kelly said...

I like the Oprah part best. I wonder what her new-age, universalist response would be? "That may be true for you, but God is bigger than the box you are trying to put Him in. Spirituality is an awareness that there's more to life than you." I bet it'd be some mumbo jumbo like that.

Unknown said...

Good stuff! Thanks for posting :)

Anonymous said...

Woo Wee! That some truth! :)

His ways are right,
His word eternal
His will unchanging
And His mind is on us. Amen!

Thanks Heather:)

The Millers said...

I LOVE THAT YOU FOUND IT! SHE IS SO AWESOME:) Hope to see you at Bible study tomorrow night!

Anonymous said...

Wow. I've seen a video of this and it really is amazing. Erica read it to me yesterday. We are so impressed with your blog. Nice work

Mrs. McGoo said...

Thanks Micah. Sweet compliments. I appreciate. It's all my hubby's fault. He got me into this whole "blog thing". :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this!! I have been looking for it since I watched her DVD a few weeks ago! Wow, can she every preach it, Sister!

Julie said...

Thanks! We just started this study this week and this portion really stuck with me. Love it!

mumzie said...

Thanks for sharing!