I know I've posted about a Potato Soup already, but I'm looking for that one super easy, but tasty recipe to stay in my collection. I have a "from scratch" potato soup recipe that I got from my mom. I love my mother's potato soup, and when I make it, it's not bad. But it takes lots of work, from boiling the potatoes to dicing celery and carrots and all sorts of things like that. Boiling potatos takes awhile, and if you're zoom zoom and do not have the time nor want to take the time to stand in front of the stove too long, I want a recipe to call for backup.
By the way, does anyone else have the same issue as me... every recipe I've gotten from my mom, dishes that are TO DIE FOR and super delicious when she makes them, when I prepare them (FROM THE SAME RECIPE), they somehow just don't turn out as good or right? Am I the only one that suffers from this issue? Perfect example, hashbrown casserole. I use my mom's recipe. Mom made it for Christmas brunch last year, my hubby and I devoured our servings, and probably got seconds. I made the same thing for my hubby's family Christmas event that same night (just hours later), and my man looks at me while he's eating it, and says, "do you do something different than you mom with this? It's good, but it's different". SEE?! What does my mom do that I can't seem to grasp and complete within a recipe!???
Sorry, didn't meant to get sidetracked that substantially, back to the Zesty Potato Cheese Soup. Super Easy, And Yummy. I made it and my husband concurs, Mmm Mmm. So we're going to put this one in the recipe book to keep for a quick meal. It seriously took 10 min. Quick!
Zesty Potato Cheese Soup
Prep/Total Time: 10 min.
what you need:
- 3 cans (10 3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded pepper jack cheese (we did without this go around)
- 6 slices ready-to-serve fully cooked bacon, crumbled (we used the bacon bits we already had)
what to do:
- In a large saucepan, combine the potato soup and milk.
- Cook over medium head for 5-10 minutes or until heated through.
- Ladle into serving bowls.
- Sprinkle with cheeses and bacon.
Yield: 6 servings
This one is a keeper. bon appetit!