Monday, December 31, 2012

Closing of 2012

I feel like 2012 was a blink. I think that begins to happen more as you age in general, but I can't help but think that my life of full-time work, nursing school, etc (i.e. being on the go 90% of the time and rarely home but to sleep) has a lot to do with it too!

I'm reading One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp and one of the main focuses of the books is about taking the time to see the gifts all around that God has blessed us with, being in a state of thankfulness regularly! I'm just over one hundred pages into the book, but she has already spoken a lot about time. She quotes:

"Being in a hurry. Getting to the next thing without fully entering the thing in front of me. I cannot think of a single advantage I've ever gained from being in a hurry. But a thousand broken and missed things, tens of thousands, lie in the wake of all the rushing. . . Through all that haste I thought I was making up time. It turns out I was throwing it away."
In the midst of work to dos and school to dos that seem to pile up, at times, it's hard not to be in a hurry all the time. It's difficult to enter fully into the current moment. I think I hurried a lot in 2012, and likely another reason it feels like I blinked and it's gone.

So with the closing of another year, I believe it's imperative that I take the time to reflect on the year that was and give thanks for God's constant and awesome provision for me and Mr. McGoo.

2012.
  • Nephew Neil Fisher Kee born, May 16th
  • Furbaby Tango added to the family in July
  • Mr. McGoo lead a team to Ethiopia for a short term mission trip in June for Central Church
  • Mr. McGoo went to Uruguay for a mission trip in October
  • I turned 30 in October
  • I successfully completed 3 trimesters of nursing school 
  • Youngest sis, Kelsey graduated college in May
  • Youngest sis, Kelsey got engaged in December
  • Traveled to Cincinnati with Mr. McGoo & enjoyed King's Island in August
  • Our Godson/nephew was dedicated in September
  • Traveled to Arkansas to visit with Ethiopian friends and meet their son, Ben in December
  • Traveled to Kansas City with Mr. McGoo to celebrate Christmas with family in December
Although when put on "paper"it doesn't sound as eventful as it felt. . . 2012 was a year on the go. It was a blessed year that God provided abundantly for me and Mr. McGoo.

I believe most of 2013 will likely be the same, but Mr. McGoo and I are looking forward to the new adventures the Lord invites us into. I'm praying we say "YES, LORD" for every invitation He gives. . . it will be worth it!

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Iftekhar Ahmed said...

Glad to read your post :). It is very informative!