Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Day Two: Oh MY!

Yep. Day two of working out at 6am has a new word for description purposes: OUCH!

As soon as I woke this morning I felt the burn of the my previous day... and we did NOT lax for a moment today. We pushed harder, and did more than the day before, and now my body is moving like I'm in my 80's. Ouch.

Throughout the workout this morning I kept repeating in my head, like Thomas the Train... "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can..." One more rep, one more sprint, almost done, come on Heather push! My body gushed for air and demanded a break, but I kept moving, even if it turned into a snails pace.

We stretched, we did 3 sets of five latter exercises that meant we went 30 lengths of the basketball court in between the two ladders, 5 sprints up and down the length of the court, we did 6 envelopes that consisted of 12 sprints along the way, and that was just our cardio. Whoo.

Back into the weight room we completed our morning routine with 3 sets of 12 reps on the mostly the arms. The burn was being felt throughout it all, and again we concluded with our ab workout. Talk about struggling!

But I must say I feel accomplished each morning. I'm getting up early and I'm doing something. I'm just looking forward to the day when things get a bit easier and I'm having to push harder to get the extreme workout rather than every single step being a struggle to push through. This week is truly boot camp, whipping me good, but I'm soaking up the luxury and enjoying the "team work" between the hubby and me. One day at a time... we can do this!

1 comment:

Brittany Schwaigert said...

It's very cool that you guys are doing this together. I am sure that helps with your motivation. I always feel like a big gawky giraffe when I work out in front of Ryan! LOL