Thursday, December 31, 2009

Goodbye 2009

A friend asked me the other day if I did the New Year Resolution thing... I thought about it for a bit and said, "nahh, I don't think I do. I'm sure I've said, Hey I'd like to do this better this year, or that, but I do not think I make what they call New Year Resolutions.... but let me check... if I did make them, I would have written on my blog at the end of 2008 or beginning of 2009".

Ha.... Yup, right there, first post of 2009 is my New Year Resolutions. I should have checked back on these things sooner and compared with how I was doing throughout the year, but obviously I have not... so I'm going to reflect a bit on the things I said I wanted to do more of during 2009. Maybe I can evaluate myself and see how I did.
  • To be more disciplined. - B-
    o This entails both physically (working out and/or eating better) and spiritually (spending more personal time with the Lord). I've learned that when my body is disciplined physically, I am more prone to be spiritually disciplined in my quiet times. I want both of these things in my life to improve and become more constant.
  • To be still more often. - D
  • To read more. - A-
    o Kelly laughed at this one - he believes I read plenty... but he didn't see how often I read before we were married. I love it... I want to soak up more words on the pages of books this year.
  • To work on the house and make some of the dramatic changes we've talked about. - B+
  • To speak my husband's love language more often. - C
    o Kelly actually said this one about his own resolutions, and I am taking heed to his great desires... I want to do the same!
  • And most of all... LESS OF ME, and MORE OF CHRIST. - C-

So looking back... all of these listed are still things I want to continue to work on... things I could ALWAYS get better at, a work in progress, especially those involving discipline, my relationship with my hubby, and my relationship with Christ. I want to constantly develop those aspects of my life and each new year offers availability to reflect and pursue a greater focused effort with each of these.

I am so thankful for the many blessings and life we were able to live in 2009. However, I know that not everyone had a year that they'd want to repeat. Some have lost loved ones in 2009, lost jobs, lost friends or family, some have been ill, some have separated, divorced, or broken up with a love, some have experienced hardships I'm sure I cannot imagine... for those that cannot wait to waive goodbye to 2009 and welcome a new year, I leave you this encouraging verse:
“This is what the LORD says— he who made a way through the sea, a path through the mighty waters, "Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.”- Isaiah 43:16, 18-19

As good as 2009 was for me, I am looking forward to the new year... 2010... I feel and see the Lord stirring many hearts right now... and cannot wait to see what happens as God blesses the actions of those pursuing Him and listening to His calling! He has great plans for us (Jer. 29:11). I cannot wait to see what's in store in 2010!

Happy New Year!
Hello 2010!

No comments: