Thursday, December 3, 2009

Carpe Deal'em 2009

I cannot believe Thanksgiving has truly already come and gone... December is here and that means we're getting into Christmas cheer. Okay, I don't know why I keep rhyming - I found myself doing the same thing on our Facebook status. And they are not even good rhymes...

Anyway... Thanksgiving. Stepping out of our normal tradition as Mr. & Mrs. McGoo, we did not go to Kentucky this year for the holiday, but found our way to Kansas City to visit with my Grandma and other KC family. We were more than happy to be there, but we also knew that by not going on our yearly Thanksgiving Kentucky trip, we not only missed seeing my hubby's family, but also missed out on the Carpe Deal'em Tradition.

Carpe Deal'em (as seen at this link) is a special Riser family tradition that my hubby has been allowed access into the brotherhood. Because we were to miss the event, we ended up making a Carpe Deal'em Kansas City Version. It was a raggamuffin group, composed of my hubby, Uncle, Father, and even a GIRL (me), but we got some of the main aspects of Carpe Deal'em accomplished. We woke up at 3:30am on Black Friday, left the house by 4am, and visited as many stores as needed. We worked as a team, complete with a driver, line stander, and shoppers. And last but not least, we SEIZED THE DEAL.



Above: 3 handsome men in my life - UFrank, My Man, and My Daddy!

Below is a video I put together of our Carpe Deal'em 2009 experience away from Kentucky. Click the play button and listen to the ways of Carpe Deal'em KC Version. (ps. The opening screen sits for 10 full seconds - a little long, sorry - but will soon embark into the 14 minutes or so of interviews about our experienc). Enjoy.



My uncles take on Carpe Deal'em can be found HERE on his blog.

7 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh, you crazy kids. Reminds me of some people who used to wait in line all night to buy play stations and X-boxes :) At least we justified it by selling them for a huge profit! Still, I won't be doing that ever again either.

Unknown said...

ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS!! Love it!

scotty b said...

Great Video Heather. I am hopefully going to work on mine tomorrow. FOR THE GLORY OF THE DEAL!!!!!!!!

BTW. Kansas is a two hour difference than NKY so if you all were out the door by 4 that would mean the SSCDB had already hit about 7 stops. WE DID WORK!!

We missed you all this year but we are glad you kept the tradition alive.
-scotty b

Mrs. McGoo said...

Thanks Scotty B - we hoped we could do the brotherhood of Carpe Deal'em proud! Can't wait for next year when you men get the job done, and I sleep. :)

Frank Bryant said...

I am so sorry that I forgot to thank you for putting the video together. It was very funny. I know you worked hard learning to use the rudimentary Windows 7 video editing tools. The video turned out great, and I was happy to see the final product. Hopefully a few of my readers traveled to your blog to see it.

I only make one promise about future KC Carpe Dealem. If Heathers is in KC and agrees to participate, so will I.

Mr. McGoo said...

Only Heather? Dang...

Frank Bryant said...

I know that you will be wherever Heather is.