Monday, December 28, 2009

Secret Is Out

Well the secret is FINALLY out and I can now tell all about our fabulous Christmas gift for my parents. I was pumped about it and could not wait for Mom and Pop to open the gift, knowing fully well that they'd adore what we did.

In November, my sisters and I conspired with one another to make a photo session happen with us and the hubbies. Considering we're now five kids, three girls and two married-in boys, we're aware that at some point grand babies will come into the mix and we will no longer be the prized possessions of my folks. So with this in mind, we worked out a plan to meet in Nashville, where my middle sis & her hubby live, and get photos taken of the five of us to share with my folks.

We had the pleasure of working with Katie Dunlap of Capture Photography in Nashville. She did a awesome job and we had a great, laid back time. We did our shoot in downtown Nashville, stopping here and there to get some neat backgrounds. To check out some of the shots we got along the way, go to Katie's blog post about our session.

In addition to giving our folks the photo session in general, allowing them to choose to order printed photos as they desire... we also had Katie make us a collage for them to open on Christmas day. Below is the collage we ordered (click on it to view a larger size of the image). We printed it in the 16x20 size and Mom and Dad ran to find a frame the day after Christmas... from what I hear, it's already hung in the living room. I think they liked it... he he. The quick hanging plus the tear filled eyes of my mom suggests it to be true.




I'm pretty sure we're ordering one of these for ourselves in the next coming weeks. In my opinion, it's too good not to have it hanging in our house also. Thanks Katie for the awesome work! And thanks to my sistas and B.I.L. for allowing this project Christmas gift to happen with huge success!!!

9 comments:

Janna Leigh said...

Very cute:) I bet your parents loved that!

Aterri said...

Thanks for the picture. We are glad you thought of us. It is a great picture of all. You did well, your mom and dad love it.

Tina Skelton said...

Love it!! Those are so good!

Angela Goetz said...

Sooo cool!

Crystal Rodgers said...

How beautiful is that....... u guys look so cute....... what a terrific gift to mom and dad....... i know they luv it............

Mary Frith said...

What a fantastic gift...I bet they love it!

Dawn Rodgers said...

Man, you guys are making the Rodgers' kids look like complete slackers. :) Such a great idea and well executed plan. You all look amazing!

Mrs. McGoo said...

Thanks Everybody!

Brittany Schwaigert said...

Love those! I used that Desmond Tutu quote on Greyson scrapbook, I love it!