Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day 7 w/Jillian Michaels

We've done it... we've hit day 7 of Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred... 3 more to go for Interval 1 and then we'll kick it up and notch and head to Interval 2. I'm really enjoying the routine this workout has put us in... we find ourselves in bed earlier than before and up and out of bed no later than 630am to crank it out. I feel better, I have more energy, and my coworkers (folks that see me 8+ hrs each day) have noticed a difference in my demeanor in the mornings, my energy level, my attitude. Whoo hooo. Something to be happy about, regardless if we see physical changes or not. I'll tell ya this... it's easier today than it was the first day, so I'm making progress.

In other news, we have these big workout balls at work. A coworker and I try to sit on them, instead of our desk chair for an hour or so a day. It definitely helps with posture, making sure you sit up straight... after that, not sure what it does other than bring a different "seat" to my day. Additionally, we've begun a 3pm "stretch time" where a group of us stop work for 3-5 min to get a good stretch in. This "stretch time" is wonderful... amazing how much better I feel throughout the day by taking the time to get a 3-5 min stretch in. We've been doing it for the last week and everyone keeps asking, "why haven't we always done this?"

1 comment:

asconway said...

I need to start that at work. Stretch time-- I can't imagine.