Wednesday, March 18, 2009

AI Elimination Bracket Standings - 2

Another week, a new genre for them to compete within the realms of, and ladies and gentlemen, as Ryan Seacrest says, "we've got ourselves a competition".

Grand Ole Opry night on Tuesday brought about a shift of attention as Matt put on a rock star performance and Anoop came out of nowhere and sang beautifully. What's up with all this?

After missing some of the performances due to a DVR mishap, I found a blog that I'm beginning to enjoy a bit as I skimmed over it this morning. It not only allowed me to listen to all the performances that I missed, but also gave me a recap of the events that unfolded. Check it out: Confessions of an 'Idol' addict. Especially those AI Elimination Bracket competitors that don't have a TV or do not watch the show, maybe hearing one or two of the folks sing will give you a better idea what's going on. ha ha.

But regardless of people's speculation or desire, America voted after Tuesday's Grand Ole Opry performances and Alexis Grace went home last night!

What the heck?! This did not make sense to me! Obviously she was the lowest number of votes from Tuesday night, but surely there were worse singers than her that evening or singers with less potential across the board. For instance, in my opinion Michael, although I like him, could have and should have gone home. I think he'll continue to struggle to compete against the big guns of this show - the Danny's, Lil's, Matt's, Kris', etc. But even Anoop is gearing up for touring in the AI summer tour, but Alexis missed the spot. I thought for a moment last night that they would save her, but no such luck.

Alexis is out and this shakes up our AI Elimination Bracket contestants quite a bit. We had 3 people having her go to the Top 3, as well as everyone else putting her anywhere from the Top 10 to the Top 4. Craziness.

Updated Standings:
  • Ashley C - 19 points
  • Nicole T - 19 points
  • Steve R - 18 points
  • Mr. McGoo - 18 points
  • Candace B -18 points
  • Kelly L - 18 points
  • Laura R - 17 points
  • Erin Marie - 17 points
  • Katy B - 16 points
We'll see what happens next week - I hear the theme will be Motown!

4 comments:

Mr. McGoo said...

I think it just goes to show you that song selection is HUGE!

Mrs. McGoo said...

I completely agree Mr. McGoo!!!

Anonymous said...

I for one was completely distraught when they eliminated Alexis last night. Poor Alexis! Michael should have gone home, for sure. Maybe I'm crazy, but I was completely shocked that Allison made it into the bottom three; I thought she was awesome. And who the heck voted for Adam? He can certainly sing but Tuesday's performance is still making me cringe. Boo! I'm new to Am Idol, and I'm not used to such drama and heartbreak. Nobody told me it would be like this...

Mrs. McGoo said...

ha ha ha. Hallie, why do you think over 31 million people vote each week and millions more watch without voting... we eat up DRAMA. Today's bombardment of reality TV shows exposes just that!

It only gets "better" along the way. Glad you're watching. It's a fun talking point.