Monday, March 9, 2009

Memphis Weather - argh!

I'm not sure about the other 672,000 plus people in Memphis, TN - but I'm totally over this weather. I wish Memphis would just figure out which type of weather it wants to run with and STAY THAT WAY!!! Even if it means the cold will stay for awhile, I'm willing to endure that if it means some sort of consistency with the weather around here.

It's crazy!!! I've totally enjoyed this weekend's worth of warmer temps, but when I stop and think about the fact that it SNOWED multiple inches (almost a foot in some places) just LAST WEEKEND, and now I'm in shorts and a t-shirt - it drives me bonkers. What's the deal?

Check out the following temperatures from Memphis, TN.
End of February to present day March 2009:


Isn't that absurd?

If you notice on the high's, from Feb. 27th to Feb. 28th there is a 29 degree jump!!! What is that?! No wonder people are getting sick left and right around this place. We drop like flies, and yesterday, I could have died from the sinus headache that consumed me throughout the entire day. I missed church because of it, and didn't find relief from it until I went to bed last night for good. I'm so thankful I didn't wake this morning with it's leering again.

I've heard the saying:
If you don't like the weather in Memphis, hang around a day or two and it'll change.
These days that could not be a more true statement.
Memphis weather = pure craziness
. Oh, by Friday we're supposed to back in the 40's, imagine that.

No comments: