Saturday, March 14, 2009

Pancake Pantry - Gatlinburg Style

To my husband's delight, there is also a Pancake Pantry located in the heart of Gatlinburg, TN. We absolutely love the one located in Nashville, TN and frequent it probably every time we visit NashVegas, waiting in line for over 40 minutes each time and are never disappointed. Therefore with no avail, we made our way to visit the Pancake Pantry this morning.

I have to say, I wasn't quite as impressed with this PP here as I am with the Nashville location for a couple reasons:
  1. There was no line outside the door. What's up with? The Nashville location has a line OUTSIDE the door EVERY TIME we go, and we wait in that line because it's that good. Granted, to the Gatlinburg PP's defense - we went at 1130am, rather than the normal earlier times we go in NashVegas
  2. There was no substituting. Before we walked in the door, I knew what I wanted. My regular: 2 eggs (over easy or medium) with a side of pancakes. I substitute the regular three pancakes for TWO delicious, amazing Sugar & Spice pancakes. When I went to do that today, I was told they do not substitute. I either had to have just 5 Sugar & Spice cakes - which I would have totally wasted, I couldn't eat that much. Or I had to get the two eggs with three regular buttermilk cakes. I was not happy.

My hubby, however, was well pleased. He had a full stack (5 full pancakes) of his favorite BLUEBERRY CAKES.

Who has two thumbs and love Pancake Pantry's Blueberry Pancakes?


THIS GUY!!!

I also really liked the coffee at this PP location. The Nashville PP has nasty coffee - the Gatlinburg's PP had delicious coffee. MMMmmm, MMMmmmm. And the pancakes were still good - I enjoyed them... but they were not my special Sugar & Spice treat.


On another note:
While at the Pancake Pantry the hubby and I began a discussion about berries: What berry is most sweet and least tart and what berry is most tart and least sweet?

Let's have you weigh in on this discussion.
Strawberries, Raspberries, Cranberries, and Blueberries - which one is most tart, and which is least tart? Or in other words, which berry is most sweet, and which is least sweet? Rank according to whichever way you're approaching the discussion.

***Mr. McGoo asks that I also throw in BooBerry, Frankenberry, and Schnauzberry into the discussion - so rank those also as desired.

7 comments:

Mrs. B said...

Frankenberry wins for sure! Strawberries, Blueberries...all tart! Love the photos/updates! I feel like I'm in the mountains with you!

Unknown said...

My list is from most-least:

Rasberries- this wins by far!!
Cranberries
Strawberries
Blueberries

Mrs. McGoo said...

EM - is that in order of Sweetness or Tartness?

Mine for Most Tart to Least is:
Blueberries
Cranberries
Raspberries
Strawberries
Frankenberries
BooBerries
Schauzberries

Unknown said...

oopps.. tart to sweet. Rasberries are incredibly tart. I actually had them in my smoothie this morning :)

Oh wow.. we totally disagree!! :)

Mrs. McGoo said...

I guess we'll have to do a taste test sometime with all of them - I haven't had all 4 in a long while! Especially not close together to best compare.

Mr. McGoo said...

If you have ever licked them off of a wall like I have, you'd know.

Schnuazberry is the best!

Unknown said...

Kelly's MOM says you have to add sugar/sweetner to Cranberries for one to even compare them with the rest of the berries. So I say cranberries are the tartest, then raspberries, blueberries and strawberries are the most sweet. Kelly's loved blueberries every since he was a little boy.
PS- The best coffee is @ Lexington Coffee & Tea.
PSS- The Smoky Mountains are God's little extra!