Thursday, November 3, 2011

THANKFUL FOR My House

I woke up this morning, stretched out in my comfy bed and leisurely made my way to let the furbabies out for a potty break. As I opened the back door I was greeted with the chill of the morning and the wetness of the rain that had fallen while I was comfortably asleep in my bed, under the roof of my home. It hit me... I was completely oblivious to the chill and the rain while in my house - a luxury many people in this world do not have and too often I take for granted. This thought brought two emotions simultaneously... I ached for my friends in Ethiopia and others around the world, and even in my own city that are without a roof over their heads in the rain and chill of the night... and at the same time I smiled for my blessings and thought, I am thankful for my house. 


Although it might be considered modest by some in the United States, Mr. McGoo and I are abundantly blessed with our house. It's perfect for us and has room for us to grow in it as a family one day.

To give some perspective of how blessed we are... When we described our home to our Ethiopian friends, Nega and Emu this past December, they were shocked to hear that someone would own a 3 bedrooms, 1 bath, 2 living rooms, a kitchen, laundry room, and office for just 2 people. I remember them looking at us with inquisitive eyes, saying "for just two?". Really, why would we need anymore? Thankful for our blessings!

No comments: