Tuesday, March 3, 2009

BIG BUNKO!!!!!

Six months ago I started a Bunko group. It's a group of ladies that I put together to join me for a monthly adventure into the game of Bunko, ultimately socializing together. We began in September 2008, and by now we're regularly known as the "Bunko Divas".

The past six months have been a trip. The ladies went from timid questionnaires about every move and every notion, to hilariously crazy hyperactive joksters last night. It has been great fun! We get lots of jibs and jabs from the men in our lives about it... but I believe that's because they are secretly jealous of our little "club" we have going on each month.

The Bunko Divas are composed of 11 ladies that have committed to participating every month. Our 12th person, who we need each month to keep our numbers right, is often a different addition each month. This has added some funny times to our mix. Sometimes it's a next door neighbor of the hostess that joins us, other times it's someone from the "sub list" that jumps on board. Either way, we always have 12 ladies ready to fight it out for a chance to yell BIG BUNKO!

And boy, have we ever... last night was a new record for the group - - - 19 BIG BUNKO's in one night. Craziness! The ladies were triple six rolling feigns last night!

What is Bunko? For those that are not aware, Bunko is a dice game. There are many versions of Bunko, and to each his/her own, but the way the Bunko Divas play, 6's matter. The goal is to roll a 6, two 6's, or even better three 6's. It's an individual game, where prizes for most points, lowest points, last big bunko of the night, and most big bunko's are won... but each gal has a partner for the night to follow. It's entertaining and somewhat mindless to allow girls to be girls and lots of chatting to be done.

In honor of completing 1/2 a year in the Bunko Divas circle, I want to share some of my favorite pictures throughout the times we've played. We do not always have a camera on hand, but when we do - we sure ham it up! Thanks ladies, YOU GUYS make it what it has become - GREAT FUN! I'm lovin it, hope you are too!


Bunko Night at Candace's Place, a cute group shot here where Lindsey's head looks like it's resting on Mer's shoulder. awww....


One of my favorites of Kelly and me. She blogs too... if you want click on her name to get a link to her blog called, Observations of the Ordinary.


Bunko Night at Laura's house... taking a quick photo in between the table movement of the night.


Our first Bunko Night... A group shot of some of the starter Bunko Divas.


Bunko Night at Meredith's... this was the "big hat" night. Mer had us wear a GIA-normous hat for our BIG BUNKO wear.


Here is a shot of Kristi sporting that GIA-normous cowboy hat at Meredith's bunko night. See... if you get a big bunko. Not only do you get to YELL big bunko, you sport the Big Bunko gear for the time being, until another divas steals it away when they get their own big bunko!


Lisa is sporting the scarf for that very reason. At my house one night when Kelly F hosted, the scarf was the big bunko attire.


More BIG BUNKO wear as Laura gives me one of the most hysterical pictures out of the bunch. ha ha! Love it.


And Candace screams BIG BUNKO with the best of them.


Last night at Lindsey's Bunko hostess night... not only did we eat some amazing treats, we sported the hot pink feather boa as the BIG BUNKO attire. The divas got into that!





Love it... everyone hamming it up. Good times! Looking forward to next month... BIG BUNKO!

10 comments:

Mr. McGoo said...

Looks like a reason to sit, drink, gossip and act like children...

Men get that once a week when football season is going.

We call it Drunko and Fantasy Football.

So when do I start to see some of the winnings?

Mrs. McGoo said...

As Emily Yopp so elegantly put it... "Bunko is the female alternative to fantasy football!"

Unknown said...

Too bad the ladies can't figure out NFL last 20 weeks with playoffs and monthly bunko is only 12 times a year.

Oh crap, did I say that out loud?

I still think it is funny and an old woman's game. But I will be happy to host it one night, just so I don't feel bad making fun of it. I can set it up, leave snacks, then run for the hills!

Mr. McGoo said...

Maybe they could have a "Bring your man night"....

...and some could have stand in's for those that don't have one.

Mr. McGoo said...

Or better yet....I could be the BUNKO gift. So every time someone rolls a BIG BUNKO, they get me!

Mrs. McGoo said...

Alright MR. McGoo - I'm not so sure about your last comment about being the gift or something....

HOWEVER the comment above that is actually very entertaining...

We could have "bring A man to bunko night"... Monday, August 3rd is the last Bunko Night of the "season"/year... that would be a neat thing to do. Hmmm... I'll talk about it with the Bunko Divas and see what we come up with.

Anonymous said...

Veto -Elian

Sum said...

This whole Bunko thing is pretty funny. I've definitely never heard of the games, but it does look like a good way to have some laughs!

Plus, you asked about the shoes for the kids... it depends from team to team. Some teams are sponsored, and others are just put together, so it's always different. I got some shoes for one of my teams through a ministry that puts the season together - since it's the girls' first time to play they were really helpful; they still aren't cleats, though. I think one kid between both teams has a pair of cleats. Next season I'd like both teams to have cleats and chin guards. We'll see. :o)

Teresa said...

Tell me more about these "stand-in" men...

I could market that...

Unknown said...

I'm laughing as i read these comments.. and Jeff I couldn't see you being a host for bunko!! that's funny.