Wednesday, April 15, 2009

AI Elimination Bracket Standings - 6

I don't know about you, but this week of American Idol was one of the most disappointing weeks for me as far as performances go. I just didn't eww and awww about many of the contestants this week. I think it was an off week for most. Okay for lots, just not much outstanding. The only performance of the week that left me asking for more, in a good way, was Kris. I really enjoyed his song. The others were just alright.

So after just an alright kind of week, we see the SAVE being used by the judges! Although Matt Giraud had the lowest number of votes this go around, the judges chose to give him another chance! Matt received the JUDGES SAVE - good news for him! Now 2 contestants will go out next week - bad news for everyone. Simon said next week is a disco theme. I'm hoping he was joking, but only time will tell.

The judges save leaves me in a pickle regarding the brackets this week. I have come to a solution that I believe is fair to all parties involved. I am going ahead and counting the TOP 6 points, as usual. If you have Matt out of the competition this round, you were right, he was scheduled to go home... you get your points. If you still have Matt in this round, you were right, he made it by the skin on his chinny chin chin... you get your points too. Next week, two folks head home, we'll score TOP 5 with both names coming off that list. Let me know if that's totally confusing and I'll attempt to explain again.

Updated Standings:
  • Nicole T - 72 points
  • Mr. McGoo - 71 points
  • Steve R - 70 points
  • Kelly L - 69 points
  • Ashley C - 68 points
  • Candace B -65 points
  • Laura R - 61 points
  • Erin Marie - 57 points
  • Katy B - 53 points
After tallying up and posting the new standings, we've had some shuffling in the third, fourth, and fifth positions. Looks like the competition will continue to be interesting along the way. I love it! So glad ya'll played. Until next week...

3 comments:

Mr. McGoo said...

Dang Riser...looks like you're kicking the crap out of EM. Not too bad for copying my picks...

Unknown said...

How is it that you people who don't even sing are whooping my butt in this thing??? Dang it! ;)

Mrs. McGoo said...

I'd say it's because the majority of folks voting on this thing (ya know, the millions every week) are also people that do NOT sing. ;)

Just a guess though.