Friday, April 17, 2009

Can't Wait for "MOVE THAT SATURN"!!!

What does every woman want?
I say, it's someone else's money to spend!

I'm being granted EXACTLY that and I couldn't be more thrilled. Our buddy, Riser is granting me permission, the trust, and the funds to take his bare interior pad to a more furnished, put together, warm home. Let the games begin.

From the time that the decision was made that this fairy tale would become a reality, I have been on the search for good finds that would fit into the budget allowed. It's been great fun already, looking at things and pricing items out as I put together how it could all come together in Riser's house. This weekend begins the buying process and I'm pumped to have EM help me along the way.

So far, I've found five specific items that I'm exited about getting for that pad... below I've supplied some pictures of the direction I'm going. I've found some great deals that are going to help the budget go further and further along the way. I'm not worried that this stuff will spoil the surprise for Riser... seeing it like this won't even give a clue to how it will look when it's all pulled together. Very exciting.

LEFT TO RIGHT: top portion - Neat extra seating options for the living room, Table and lamp combination for dining room decor. bottom portion - trendy bookcase for living room, and end table/side table options for the living room.

Below is my solution for the wall above the couch in the living room, two or three of these should help cover the space and decorate the walls from the bareness.


This weekend will mark all the purchases, and here and there throughout next week. Then next weekend, we'll do all the decorating while Riser is out of town. When he arrives back home we'll have a MOVE THAT SATURN moment, just like Extreme Home Makeover. Tears of joy and all!

Pictures to come of the transformation process that will occur next weekend!

2 comments:

Elian said...

In all seriousness, I still have that dining room table. Will that work for him?

Unknown said...

What a blessed and fortunate guy that Riser must be to have so much thought and unbridled passion put into the extreme makeover of his empty dwelling. I'll make sure I tell him how lucky he is for sure!!!!!