Wednesday, April 8, 2009

AI Elimination Bracket Standings - 5

Yup, as predicted the ladies and gents of the Top 8 American Idol contestants sang songs from their birth year on Tuesday night. As the number of contestants still in the contest continues to get smaller and smaller, you begin to get to the point where there are three options for the night: blow them out of the park and know you're safe, don't suck as bad as the worst person of the night and hopefully don't go home, or just be the most popular one or two from the start and possibly be okay just for popularity sake.

Tonight, as the over drawn dramatics of Ryan Seacrest were performed once again and the judges debated about using the save, we learned that Scott MacIntyre is leaving us this week.

It was a tearful goodbye for the contestants and lady judges as they watched Scott's video montage about his Idol experience. And the tearful goodbye may continue when one of our AI Elimination Bracket contestants realizes they put Scott down as the next American Idol. Although that contestant is not being hit too hard this go around (as seen below), the weeks to come might be difficult for them to keep up. Let the games and competition continue!

Highest number of points received this round: 18, by Steve R. That means he had 6 of the 7 correct contestants labeled in his Top 7. Got to give you props there Rise - don't get cocky with that compliment though.

Updated Standings:
  • Nicole T - 64 points
  • Mr. McGoo - 61 points
  • Ashley C - 60 points
  • Steve R - 60 points
  • Kelly L - 59 points
  • Candace B -55 points
  • Laura R - 53 points
  • Erin Marie - 51 points
  • Katy B - 47 points

I'll keep an eye out for a lead on what next week's theme might be regarding song choice. I'll post it here if my Confessions of an Idol addict gives me any leads on what that theme might be.

4 comments:

Mr. McGoo said...

Don't give Riser too much credit...just remember he's on record saying he just copied off me and changed things around a bit. Looks like he'll hang around on my coat tails just long enough for me to give him the beat down.

It will be nice beating EM though...both Rise and I can agree on that one.

Hallie said...

I'm glad Scott went home. I'll miss him, but out of the eight contestants, he was ranking near the bottom for me. I read an article reviewing Tuesday's performance before watching the results show last night, and I had prepared myself for disappointment. But that wasn't the case! I'm glad to say that my heart wasn't broken again...yet.

Mrs. McGoo said...

I agree with ya Hallie - for me Scott was definitely on the bottom rung for my thoughts on the contestants. Super nice guy! But his songs started to all sound the same to me in style.

Hallie - Who would you be heartbroken about? Who are your favs?

Hallie said...

I'm still heartbroken over Alexis Grace, but out of the remaining contestants, here's how they rank with me.
1. Adam - He's not my number one choice, but I think he's going to win. Personally he creeps me out, but he is good.
2. Allison - Love her!
3. Danny
4. Lil - She's got the chops, but she's seriously got to get some better songs, or she's going to lose!
5. Kris - I love Kris, but I don't think he can win. I hope he finishes better than fifth, but I'm not sure he can.
6. Matt - Everybody loves Matt, but I'm not a huge fan.
7. Anoop - He can sing, but...yeah.

Danny, Lil, and Kris may be in the wrong order, but they're close to where I think they should be. I should have filled out a bracket, but I was in Chicago at the time and I just never got around to it!

Heather, who do you like?