Monday, April 13, 2009

Day Off - Taking Advantage

My company was closed in honor of Good Friday, but I worked as part of the skeleton crew that day to get out any orders that might be of dire need for our customers. Therefore, instead of Friday, today is my day off for Easter. My goal was to take great advantage of my off day.

I'm pretty sure I've done well to accomplish that goal. Although I slept longer than expected, the sleep was much enjoyed. Once I was up and running about 10:30 am, I began to tackle the backroom that we're working so hard to completely reconstruct and change the look of all around. The picture here shows the BEFORE photo for this entire event. So far we've removed the AC unit and put a window in its place. Today, I worked on sanding down all the spots we spackled to remove any inconsistencies int he wall or plug up any holes we had from hanging pictures and such. After sanding, I let the dust settle and vacuumed to the best of my ability. Unfortunately the vacuuming did not take away all the dust that my sanding job created this morning. I followed up the vacuuming job by using Clorox wipes to wipe down every bit of that checked floor you see in the picture. Wax on, Wax off style, I covered every inch of that room with a Clorox wipe. After the floors, I used the Clorox wipes to wipe down the walls to prep me for the priming job I wanted to accomplish. Before lunch (330pm), I was able to frame out the room with primer and look forward to covering the rest of the room with the primer tonight.

The ultimate goal is to go from that blue color (DARK BLUE - I curse the person that put that on these walls, he he he) to the beautiful, neutral Cornerstone color I've chosen off the Behr color pallet. It's a slow process, but we're getting there. Once we complete the full color transformation, our next mission is to get new flooring for the backroom. Bye-bye checkered floor... in time.

I'm sad to say my arms and shoulders are already sore from the activities I've performed today, but I'm glad I've gotten that part of the room transformation out of the way today! I took advantage of my day off!

3 comments:

Brittany Schwaigert said...

You are so handy!!
I like the checkered floor!

Mrs. McGoo said...

You wouldn't like them if you had to clean them! They do NOT get clean! NOT NOT NOT! I could scrub with clorox all day long, I've even left clorox liquid on there for hours and STILL BLACK stuff comes up from it. YUCK. :)

Anonymous said...

K is definitely "That Guy".