Saturday, January 14, 2012

Spring 2012

Another trimester of nursing school is underway... full steam ahead already! We began Wednesday, Jan 4th with a Dosage Competency Exam and officially began classes the day after - Thursday, Jan. 5th.


This is truly the wildest trimester yet... I'm taking 2 classes, 10 credit hours worth of activity = Monday (6-815pm), Tuesday (6-815pm), Wednesday (6-915pm), Thursday (6-915pm), and a full day Saturday (645am-415pm+). Although I'm looking forward to getting into the real nitty-gritty of nursing (they say I'll begin to feel like a real nurse towards the end of this trimester), the learning curve is extreme and the workload intense.

Again, I'm so thankful for the classmates that partner with me, encourage me, and keep me accountable. And especially thankful for the hubs at home that walks with me through this crazy journey and helps me along the way! Plus it doesn't hurt that my fabulous Mama is a RN herself - she'll get more than a call or two this trimester for sure!

To give you a visual - here are my textbooks for this trimester... Yikes!


All that to say, school and work is pretty much what is going on with me lately - everyday. So don't be surprised if the blog lacks during this time. I'm doing my best to remember Philippians 4:6-7, taking it one day at a time, and remembering I cannot and don't want to do this on my own! Thankful I don't have to!


"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." - Phil. 4:6-7

1 comment:

Frank Bryant said...

Mr. McGoo is one lucky guy.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk!