Monday, February 2, 2009

Back to Monday...

A busy weekend indeed, but an enjoyable one nonetheless!

From the very start, we hit the ground running... Friday arrived and after work, both the hubby and I went our separate, active ways. Kelly had a guys night. He was treated to the AC/DC concert by his buddy, where he and two other guys went together and rocked out (thankfully wearing the earplugs I supplied them for the show). While my hubby was reliving the 70s, 80s, 90s, and today with his fellow comrades, I took a different approach to my Friday night. First, I was treated to WolfRiver Cafe by my folks, and enjoyed dinner with them and my aunt & uncle. We had a great time and great eats. I had fried everything! Fried pickles, fried catfish, French fries, and some apple cobbler ala mode to top it off. It was delicious, and "healthy". uhh, but good nonetheless. Then I made my way to church for the free showing of the movie, Fireproof. If you have not seen this movie AND you're married - it's a must see! I thoroughly enjoyed it, and it reminded me of how easy it is to become focused on ME throughout my marriage and how detrimental that can be. I'm glad I went to the show.

On Saturday, we enjoyed a morning of leisurely activity, knowing that once we started, the end would not be until late. So I made a Perkins run for some yummy muffins... we watched some TV, and enjoyed our couch for as long as we could. Finally, we jumped up and got moving: cleaned house, did laundry, balanced the checkbook, paid bills, etc. until it was time to leave. The rest of the afternoon included many social to do's: a friend's 1 year old party, seeing the movie Taken (we really enjoyed it!), surprising our friend Ryan for his 30th birthday, and ending the night by watching the UFC pay-per-view until midnight. Ryan's surprise birthday dinner, hosted by his wonderful party planner wife, Brittany, was awesome! Good eats, good people, great time. We enjoyed every bit of it at Owen Brennan's for almost 3 hours. Thanks for the invite Britt! Below is the one picture I took all night.

We woke on Sunday and were absolutely exhausted. Instead of making our way, as usual, to Sunday School and Church, we took a morning to rest and allow Kelly to catch up on some school reading. As much as I enjoyed hanging with my hubby during that time, it's amazing how much we miss church & Sunday School when we don't make it there! We do not get to see those Sunday School folks that we're constantly getting to know and enjoy more as we go... and we miss Pastor Ernie preaching the word. I can't wait to listen to Ernie's message online - he started a marriage series that he's teaching throughout February. The rest of Sunday afternoon for us consisted of grocery shopping, cooking eats for the Super Bowl party, walking the dogs, and a little last minute laundry. We made our way to our Super Bowl destination (The Yopp's - Great party guys!) about 430 and hung out until about 1030pm. We were so happy to see our puppies and pillows once we returned. A busy weekend indeed, but an enjoyable one nonetheless!

3 comments:

Brittany Schwaigert said...

Thanks for coming!!! I have a cute pic of you guys--I will post it soon.
Where is this Wolf River Cafe with fried pickles--I must eat there immediately!

Mrs. McGoo said...

Girl - the catfish is well worth the drive, but I totally enjoyed the pickles too. It's down poplar all the way into Rossvile. Once you see the bright yellow antique shop on the right, take your immediate left. Cafe will be on the right before the railroad tracks. Ps. Go the speed limit in Piperton & Rossville, otherwise you might get a $142 ticket like Kelly & I did a couple months ago. :)
Wolf River Cafe
460 Main St
Rossville, TN 38066
(901) 853-2586‎

ps. can't wait to see the pics from Sat night!

Mr. McGoo said...

It was $141 thank you very much!