Monday, February 2, 2009

Operation Ryan Adams has been compromised!

In the latter parts of today, my hubby's gmail tagline read:
Operation Ryan Adams has been compromised!

In order for you to understand this statement, I have a story to tell... imagine that!

Kelly and my 2nd wedding anniversary is around the corner. We will celebrate our 2nd anniversary on March 17th, otherwise known as St. Patrick's Day. See, I gave him an easy way to remember "the day", ha ha. Anyway, as our anniversary quickly approaches, my hubby let me know a few days ago that I was not allowed to check our credit union account. He told me that he had purchased something that was a surprise for me, and I was unable to view the statement until our anniversary passed. I agreed to this and looked forward to my surprise.

Early this morning, I received an email from one of our good buddies (a few others were on the list too) stating that Ryan Adam's was coming to Memphis on March 18th. The email provided links to the Ryan Adam's website and venue website, and he inquired if anyone was interested in going. I quickly forwarded the email to my hubby (who was also on the original email) and said:
hey handsome, do you want to check out pricing for this to see if it's a possibility around our anniversary time?
That was at 8:15am. At 1:55pm, I received this email reply from my hubby, as he arrived home from work to view his emails:
Ehhhh...got to love my friends....
That was your surprise that I asked you not to look at the bank account for. I've already bought tickets...
Grrr
Although I'm bummed for my man to not have his surprise any longer, now I'm totally pumped for the event. Kelly took me to my first Ryan Adam's experience a year or so ago at the Germantown Performing Arts Center. It was an experience, and I really enjoyed it. My hubby's hope was that I would not find out about Ryan coming to town and he could keep it a secret until we pulled into the venue for the event on March 18th. Such a sweet idea, and although I know he wishes he could have kept it from me until the day of... I'M PUMPED for what's to come! And will continue to be excited for the next month as I look forward to the event! Yay! Good gift from my man!!! He's a keeper in more ways than one!

2 comments:

Brittany Schwaigert said...

What a sweet idea--I know he must have been bummed that the surprise was blown! I had to make sure that Ry didn't look at our checking account either!

Anonymous said...

Is this the first time a Kelly surprise was blown? uFrank