Monday, February 9, 2009

Nashville Travels

As planned, we traveled to Nashville this weekend. The weather was absolutely amazing while we were there. (I hear Memphis had fabulous weather too!) We enjoyed the temps from 60-75 degrees and soaked up the time with family and friends.

Although we originally planned on traveling to Nashville on Saturday morning, we changed our arrangements and headed out of Memphis at 8pm Friday. We arrived at the Kee's (my sister's new last name) at 11pm. Robin and Brent were waiting up for us and we visited just enough to say hi and still get to sleep before midnight.

The weekend was great! It was graciously low key and we enjoyed the time with my Robin, Brent, and Maeby (Dexter's sister, but our niece). We filled our Pancake Pantry obsession, by standing in line for an hour on Saturday morning to finally eat Kelly's favorite blueberry pancakes and my desired Sugar and Spice pancakes. I'm pretty sure all four of us were satisfied after we left the restaurant. Yum Yum!

Saturday evening, we had a dinner potluck style with some friends, hosted by Robin and Brent. My hubby borrowed Brent's grill to cook us some awesome pork tenderloin. Robin made some delicious dessert and the most amazing salad I've ever had at someone's house (my mouth waters just thinking about the taste of that Celebration Salad!), and the friends that joined us brought along bread, rice, and more desserts to meet all our sweet tooth needs. We had a great time.

Sunday consisted of the Green Hills Church 1 year anniversary, some lunch, and visiting with Robin, Brent, and Maeby a bit more before we traveled back home. It really was a nice trip, I'm glad we went! For some reason I wasn't in a picture taking mood over the weekend, but I forced myself to get a few shots on Sunday before we headed out.

Below is my compilation of the Kee Family.
There is an awesome shot of Robin & Brent together, and then my attempts to get a full family shot... and finally a winning result of the entire family.

Below is the one group shot.
I look like an absolute chunky monkey in the face, double chin trying to show and all, but I really like it of everyone else.

And last but not least is a compilation of the sisters.
Robin and I got a few shots together, as you can see, and I threw in one shot from Christmas (where I'm wearing red) to even up the box design I had going here.


No comments: