Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Answer to This Jacked Up City: Redemption 2009

In yesterday's blog post, after seeing that Memphis ranked #2 in Forbes magazines as the Most Miserable City, I asked the question:
When is Memphis going to turn around and try to do something about it's continual bad rankings in any negative national poll?

After thinking about that some more last night, I realized the answer. The only way something dramatic is going to change in Memphis, TN is if the Lord gets involved and flips this city upside down! If people pray for this city and call on the name of our Lord for change and revival!

And then I remembered, ahhh, a revival is coming to Memphis. A women's revival. A FREE Event with an awesome speaker coming our way: Priscilla Shirer. I cannot wait!

Below is a flyer about the event. All Memphian ladies (and men) share this will fellow ladies you know! The more gals we have at this FREE event, calling on the Father to show us a better way for the city of Memphis, the better it will be. We can bring about change in Memphis, change for the Lord and change for our future and current children in this place. The world will be watching as our God does something miraculous in a city that was ranked #2 in the Most Miserable City category. I can't wait for the event.

When: March 27-28th
Where: Memphis, TN - Cook Convention Center
Website: http://redemption2009.com/


Redemption Flier09

My friend, Myia shared this song with me after she read this post. What a fitting song for this. Thanks Myia.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Ooooo, I never thought about that :) I am going to invite my mom - pray for her response.

Anonymous said...

You are right!

Mrs. McGoo said...

Thanks Myia. If it's possible you should definitely come back to Memphis for the revival weekend. Id love to see you!