Thursday, November 10, 2011

THANKFUL FOR a Sense of Safety

I was thinking about it the other day, how thankful I am that I do not have to be in a state of fear at my home or in my neighborhood. Throughout the city, the United States, and the world there are people that sleep in fear with one eye open or walk around with the uncertainty of harm to come. Always concerned, am I or my family next? There are neighborhoods that have regular drive by shooting issues, there are countries and villages that are in fear of slaughter by the rogue forces, and many more unstable situations all throughout the world.

I am so blessed. I do not live in this sense of fear and uncertainty when I am home or going from place to place in my community. I am thankful for a sense of safety and the ability to live without fear. I don't want to take that sense and feeling for granted.

2 comments:

Frank Bryant said...

I thought you lived in Memphis?

Mrs. McGoo said...

Yes sir. I sure do. You don't have to live in the burbs or in podunk wherever to feel a sense of safety. :) I love my neighborhood.