Monday, November 14, 2011

THANKFUL FOR Freedom

This weekend we celebrated FREEDOM through the acknowledgement of Veterans Day -  a day to thank all of the men and women who have served and continue to serve our country - and the Day of Prayer for the Persecuted Church. It's so easy to take our freedom for granted.

On Sunday, Mr. McGoo and I woke up and went to church without any fear of being captured or found out by the authorities. We do not have to hide the Bibles in our home or worry about the Bible in my purse. We have the freedom to worship Jesus Christ with a multitude of believers. To sing His praises without fear.

I am thankful for freedom. I am thankful for the men and women who have fought for those freedoms.

I want to remember my brothers and sisters in Christ who are not living in a land of religious freedom. Men and woman who are courageous about their faith in Christ. Give them strength and perseverance, Lord!


No comments: