Friday, August 12, 2011

Feelin the Burn

Started my workouts again yesterday and already I'm feeling the burn. Oh how I've missed this feeling and the awkward walk as my legs and abs ache with each step.

I've committed to running with a friend in the Labor Day, September 5th Chick-fil-A 5k. Counting today we have 25 days until the race.

I ran last night for the first time in forever. We did just around a mile and walked for the remaining 30minutes or so. It's definitely a work in progress and I'm feeling the burn, but you've got to start somewhere.

This 5k should be the perfect "goal" and motivator to make sure I get my tail in gear.

I'm taking today off to stretch regularly throughout the day. Spin class awaits me Saturday morning. Let the games begin.

3 comments:

Frank Bryant said...

Do you ever just relax?

Mrs. McGoo said...

define rest. ;)
I rested last night when I came home for working out, after a shower, I ate... rested on the couch until I put myself to bed at 10am and rested until morning.

Frank Bryant said...

Relax = do what Mr. McGoo does.