Thursday, February 11, 2010

A Time to Say Goodbye

This morning marks the morning I will attend my grandmother's funeral service. It's amazing how surreal that seems this morning as we get ready to leave and meet the rest of the family at the church. I'm not ready to say goodbye to her, but the reality is that she's already gone. She's already with my Jesus, seeing Him face to face. No saddness, no tears, no pain, no fears... she's got it all now! She has eternity with God!

I hope to sit down as the craziness of this week settles down and write a bit about who my grandmother was, and who she IS to me! She won't be forgotten, that's for certain. We love her. And we miss her.

For now, I leave you with Mr. McGoo's post this morning. I teared up reading it, but am so thankful for it at the same time. I look forward to sharing his words with my family after the service is done today.

I love you grandma!

No comments: