Tuesday, August 18, 2009

New Blog Background: Change

I love new blog backgrounds.

I'm not sure exactly why it is, but I know I love it. I know that once I take the time to create and change my blog background, I always enjoy coming back to the refreshed look. I like the change, I guess. I like seeing the new colors and contrasts, and the newly created header that is updated by pictures or silly new phrases. I just like it.

This like for changing things up also extends further into the Facebook page my husband and I share. I enjoy changing the profile pic every month or two. Showing a new cute or often silly pose of my hubby and me together. I guess this enjoyment of changes such as these also stems from a desire to keep people interested. I know that when I go to a site and the background has changed, I'm more apt to look closely the next time around to view the changes. Or on Facebook, if someone changes their profile pic, I'm ready and willing to check out their page and their new photos. I like it.

The funny thing is, while I write about how much I enjoy changing up my blog backgrounds, or tweaking a profile picture here and there, I wouldn't necessarily describe myself as a person gearing up and desiring changes regularly. Sure, I get excited and anticipate new things, looking forward to them around the corner, but I'm probably like anyone else, I enjoy a routine. I'm a planner and enjoy working things out according to plan. As long as I have a heads up about changes to come, I run with those pretty smoothly, making the necessary preparations to tackle the things at hand. But changes that happen on the fly, right in front of me, ultimately when I have no control, those are the type changes I struggle with, the ones that take more work for me. I have to remind myself regularly during these instances that it's not big deal and I can adapt accordingly. Just roll with the punches right?

Ultimately, I think I'm pretty good at adapting. I adapt well in my work environmental and in finding solutions to problems. I did adapt well in my collegiate environmental. I adapt well in life in general, I guess. But where I struggle is adapting during events that I've been put in charge of. Adapting at the birthday party or shower that I throw for another individual. Apparently the pressure and desire to make it PERFECT for the honored guest causes me to lack the full ability to accept change quickly and easily. I'm a definitely a work in progress.

Anyway, all of that was started by saying what is still true: I love new blog backgrounds. Hope you're enjoying the most recent one too.

8 comments:

Mike Harder said...

I love the new background!!! I am back in the blogosphere after a brief haitus!

Tabitha said...

I am loving this new background too!! Super cute :)

Frank Bryant said...

I am wondering where the "new meal a week" blogs went? The background is cool. I may want you to teach me next time we are in town, or visa versa. Ormaybe I will retain the plain, boring blog since it suits me.

Mrs. McGoo said...

New Meals of the Week - VERY GOOD QUESTION! The Bermuda trip messed that routine up for me. I have high hopes of started again the week of the 24th. After seeing Julie & Julia, I am up for the task. Just have to get to planning. :)

Thanks Mike & Tab. Glad you like.

Mr. McGoo said...

Boring and KU go hand in hand

Frank Bryant said...

Have I mentioned lately that on December 9th, 1989, Kansas routed Kentucky 150-95? It was the largest margin of victory in Kansas history. But only the second largest margin of defeat in Kentucky history.

Mr. McGoo said...

Well that's one thing you've got on UK.

Now if you could just get more total wins, more championships, more final fours, and more NCAA tourney appearances, you might actually have a legit competition there.

Did I mention we've owned you in all time series? 19-6. 6 wins? That's the best you could muster in all those years of being "big time" basketball?

There's a reason we're called the Big Blue Nation. There's a reason UK is called Camelot.

Yes, KU has history, unfortunately it's not up to par with UK.

But hey, you keep that one little bit of history on UK. We'll take all the rest of ours.

Frank Bryant said...

You did not respond to discovery that Kansas is always listed above Kentucky in every state drop dwn boxes.

In another year, uk could bypass KU in the number of NCAA investigations and penalties too.

How did we get from blog backgrounds to here?