Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Hubby!!!

This handsome devil (yes, the hottie below) is my husband! Today is his birthday and I want to wish him the happiest of happy birthdays!!! This is the fourth birthday I've celebrated with my man, and I'm hoping that I help make every one something special for him!


This year, considering the hectic nature of our schedules, we took an opportunity last night to celebrate one on one and allow Kelly to open his birthday gifts from his wife. This is the loot he took in from the Mrs.: a Topsy Turvy Tomato Planter (yes siree, the official, seen on tv upside down tomato planter), a shirt, a gift certificate for an hour massage, and Bose around-ear noise canceling headphones.

I could tell he was very pleased with all the gifts I got him and took a special liking (imagine that) to his new electronic toy, the Bose headphones. He went immediately to give them a try... playing music from the computer and plugging in his headphones to listen. Per his request, I tried talking to him and I tried turning the tv on to distract him, but he found much "noise canceling" by the headphones and was very happy.

At one point, I watched my hubby. I noticed with ease that he was enjoying the music and especially the nature of his new gift. This made me happy. Then out of nowhere a horrible, dirty, nasty, almost thumping noise (aka. flatuelence) came from the lower depths of the couch in which my hubby was sitting. I looked at him with the typical "are you kidding me" look, and I said, "Are you kidding?" My hubby then looked up to me with his headphones fully in place over his ears and the look of innocence. He then said, "What? I couldn't hear anything?!?!?"

We cracked up together. And he then said, "blog about that".
Happy birthday, handsome. I love you!



It's my middle sister's birthday today too!!!! I love you Robin and wish you the greatest of birthdays. So glad we got to celebrate last week, but wish we were there to celebrate with you today also! I know your own honey is probably taking great care of you and showering you with love and gifts today! I'm looking forward to the next post of Robin's Rant & Rave!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

8 comments:

Frank Bryant said...

Happy Birthday Kelly. I am especially jealous of the Bose headphones. Sounds sweet.

I wanted to get this comment out before Terri reads the blog. Just planting ideas for her.

Jordan Browne said...

Happy Birthday Kelly, Hope you have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday ! What's his name??? Your Mother-in-law (as if u didn't know) :)

Mrs. McGoo said...

UFrank - Vanns.com

No freight.
No tax.

Frank Bryant said...

I can't afford toys like that.

Lisa Marie said...

That's so Kelly!

Mr. McGoo said...

I plead the 5th

Frank Bryant said...

Happy birthday, handsome? Boy, love is blind.