Monday, July 6, 2009

July 4th Festivities

One of my favorite things about three day weekends is that you find the extra hours to get some specialty cooking done, rather than what you might normally do. Check out these ribs for example, multiple hours were put into the prep time, smoke time, grill time, etc and during regular weekends, the extra time is not always present to enjoy the luxury of such delights. But enjoy we did. Plenty of ribs and shoulder to share with everyone at our family gathering this weekend, added with some yummy fixins by all those in attendance. From baked beans, to green bean casserole, to potato salad (yuck, but everyone besides the hubby and I seemed to enjoy), to garlic bread, chips & salsa, pita chips & cream cheese with a red pepper sauce on top, and of course desserts - we were stuffed. Yum, I'm getting hungry again just thinking about it all.

Along with the food, we enjoyed the company of family, our doggies, and a few friends. From the distance we could see the Olive Branch fireworks from my brother in law's backyard. It was a great evening. Here are a few shots from the festivities.

Above: My Man and Me

Above: Our buddy Stev-O hanging out in the hammock with our pup, Dexter. Hilarious. Dexter loves to cuddle, all you have to do is ask him.

Above: The McGugan Men: My Father in Law, My Man, and My Brother in Law

No comments: