Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Head Cold Demon

The pounding within my head today will not subside. What started with a sore throat Saturday afternoon has worked its way into a deep cough, a runny nose, and an atrocious headache.

What happened to this thing getting better?
I figured some nights of NyQuil, some days of DayQuil and pushing through would bring me to bluer skies, but instead the head cold demon is grabbing hold of me more fervently.

So I'm giving up, I cannot fight it alone... time for the doctor visit. I'm hoping my 11:15am doctor's appointment will bring me closer to head clarity... maybe give me some drugs that will knock whatever this is out.

AND it's NEW YEAR'S EVE... I've got to be better to be social, right?

2 comments:

Brittany Schwaigert said...

Girl--I have had it for two weeks and the docs won't give you antibiotic for it! Run to the drug store and get Advil Cold and Sinus from behind the counter--it was the only thing that helped me!

Mrs. McGoo said...

Update: Saw the doc. Got some antibiotics to help with the onset of bronchitis or a sinus infection. She said I had lots of congestion in my chest... so that would help. Also got some meds for my cough and was told to add Mucinex D to the mix to help. I was SUPER THANKFUL for the meds... and the 4 hour nap I took Wednesday afternoon after visiting the doc.