Tuesday, December 9, 2008

It's raining, it's pouring, I wish I could be snoring!

I can hear the rain pounding on the roof, the wind blowing it against the building, and the waves of hard gusts that sound like the clouds have opened up upon us for a monsoon, and settle down again to a soft constant putter. It's raining, it's pouring, and really wish I could be snoring!

It's been a rough few days. Work has been stressful. I looked at my blog and realized I must have been especially busy or tired of the computer when at home because I have not posted in almost a week - something a bit out of my norm. I'm tired. I have a long to do list, and I find myself wanting to sit on the couch, cuddled up in warmth and veg, rather than tackle the tasks I have before me.

So what have I been doing since I last posted - minus the J.O.B.?
Let's see... Christmas decorations are up! From the tree, to the garland, to stockings, to outside lights (Thanks for freezing with me Erin Marie! Your work is admired daily!), to the wreath hung on the front door, Christmas decorations are up. Kelly has started finals and taken two, with two more assignments/tests to go... all the while fighting sickness. He went to the doctor yesterday and is now being treated for Bronchitis. We've completed the McGugan Mailer - more to come on that. Ordered Christmas photo cards and began to stuff envelopes and address them. Ate dinner with mom and dad. Attended Tommy White's 30th surprise party - and boy did we surprise him! Happy B'day Tommy! Went to Sunday School and Church. Baked Christmas goodies with Erin Marie on Sunday afternoon. Ate dinner and roasted smores with Frank & Emily at their house- got a speeding ticket on the way home. Wrapped presents. Etc.

And for some reason throughout all of that, I never got on the computer to blog. It just seemed like their was always something to do or something to be done. If I did get some down time, it was due to my desire to ignore other things and just veg.


It's raining, it's pouring, and really wish I could be snoring!

Another favorite pic from Dooce.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ahh.."my work being admired".. just sounds so special! I love it!!

Anonymous said...

Interesting post..! Christmas is just around the corner.  The stores are full of candy and decorations.