Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Upcoming Travels

I can't wait. The hubby and I are taking a much desired vacation next week. A full week off of work and an exciting journey to look forward to!

We leave Friday (Dec. 12th), after work...

We will drive to Kansas City, KS (478.85 miles ~ 8 hours) to visit with my side of the family. I'm so excited to visit with our relatives. It's my mom's side of the family. We will get to visit my grandparents, Uncle Frank & Aunt Terri, Uncle Steve & Aunt Lisa, and my cousins. My cousin Lyndy & her husband, Dan had baby #3 recently and I cannot wait to meet the new Farr Family addition. Plus, it's been WAY too long since I've seen their other two adorable babies who are not so baby-ish anymore. So I'm pumped. We'll go see a University of Kansas (Go Jayhawks) game with Uncle Frank & Aunt Terri on Saturday, and look forward to simply enjoying every one's company the remaining days of our stay.


On Tuesday (Dec. 16th), the hubby and I will make our second leg of the trip. We will drive to Denver, CO (588.89 miles ~ 8 hours 45 minutes) to visit with our friend Kim and her boyfriend. We're excited to see the city, visit with friends in the area, and hopefully see the slopes for a day or two. I haven't skied but for one week when I was in my junior year of high school. This could get interesting.


We will make our way out of Denver on Saturday (Dec. 20th), and travel back to Kansas City (588.89 miles ~ 8 hours 45 minutes) to spend the night before our last leg of the journey. In addition, we will meet my mom, dad, and youngest sister at my aunt and uncle's house. With everyone (except our middle sis and brother in law) in KC together, we are going to do our Christmas exchange early.

Lastly, Sunday morning (Dec. 21st) we plan on making the last drive home to Memphis (478.85 miles ~ 8 hours). Back to work early Monday morning. What a trip!

I think if I total the estimated miles on that... it adds up to 2135.48 miles in a 8-9 day time frame. Whoo, that's a trip! Let the journey begin. I can't wait!

3 comments:

Brittany Schwaigert said...

Be careful! That is sooo much driving!
Who is keeping the babies?
Also--no Go Jayhawks! Go Tigers! LOL

Mrs. McGoo said...

Thanks Britt.
Yes GO TIGERS! But the Jayhawks have been a favorite for awhile, with family in KS cheering them on. Can't help but enjoy watching them play. But, YES, GO TIGERS!

Mr. McGoo said...

I'll cheer for a team in Blue and White and has the same initials. Just the U comes first.