Thursday, December 18, 2008

Kelly's Happy Place: Panera Bread

In the past my hubby has posted the following gmail tagline: "I love my wife, my dogs, and Panera Bread."

I cannot deny the truth in his statement above any longer. The man loves Panera Bread. It's now even coined his "happy place".

We have been in Kansas City since Saturday early morning, so within six days of visiting, we have been to Panera Bread three times! Once after church on Sunday, once yesterday, and again today. I believe we would have gone Saturday also, had Kelly known it's location prior to Sunday morning.

This morning, I became tickled with my husband's extreme love for Panera Bread and I insisted that he pose with the Panera Bread cup to show in a photo some of his affection for the place.

Ha ha. I think the photo accurately portrays his love. What do you think?

What does Kelly get when he comes to Panera? Well, that's an interesting questions today. The answer is: a Cinnamon Crunch Bagel with Hazelnut Cream Cheese.

Usually he has the bagel toasted, but we've discovered that Kansas City Panera Bread's do not have an industrial sized toaster they can put their bagels through. We've seen these toasters at every other Panera locations we've visited... in Lexington, KY, in Nashville, TN, in Destin, FL, and I'm sure a couple other locations for Kelly. Therefore on the first day, Kelly microwaved his Cinnamon Crunch Bagel. I don't know what he did the second day with the bagel - it was at a different location but they did not have a toaster either.

But today... WHA-LA... the first Panera we went to on Sunday all of a sudden had a regular size bagel toaster located near their microwave! Coincidence? I think not! My hubby may have given them a good suggestion, so he toasted that bagel today... well after an incident.

See the interview below to discover how Kelly succumbed to "product marketing" and ordered something different than the Cinnamon Crunch Bagel with Hazelnut Cream Cheese. It might take a bit to load, but it's worth hearing Kelly tell his story. Enjoy.




So, as you can tell... ordering something beyond his norm was a mistake, and we ended up paying for a second breakfast to bring him back to "old faithful" and allow him to once again enjoy his "happy place".

5 comments:

Unknown said...

hahaha! I love it. Kelly- my favorite bagel is cinn. crunch! I knnew that was what Heather would write before I even read it.. you just can't beat it!! :)

Kelly said...

Don't quote me on this, but I seem to remember a sign somewhere around Memphis announcing that a Panera will soon be built here... Maybe their website will say?

Mrs. McGoo said...

Oh yes. Kelly... my hubby has become well aware. I believe one will be on Gtown pkwy, and maybe another near the St. Francis Hospital area. We may seriously have to add an additional line to our budgeting, "Panera Funds". Oh help us!

Anonymous said...

Oh yes there is a Panera bread right around the corner from my house now - just opened but I have not been yet. Scared to go now after seeing this - I won't be able to afford it if I like it! You guys are too funny!

Brittany Schwaigert said...

The Panera is on Trinity where Buckley's used to be, but tell Kelly that one will be in Laurelwood in the Spring. We'll all know where to find him if he's missing.