Monday, December 22, 2008

Home, Sweet, Home for the Holidays

After a 10 day trip to Kansas City, never making our way to Denver due to weather, we are back at the house. We're back, the laundry has begun, and half of the vacuuming has been completed.

I truly cannot believe that it's the week of Christmas. It seems quite surreal. The hubby and I are working in "the Christmas spirit" by watching one of Kelly's favorites: It's a Wonderful Life.

Before we swing into the happening of the next few days of yuletide and the many family festivities that will occur throughout Christmas, I want to share some pictures from our fantastic trip.

We were spoiled left and right by my Uncle Frank and Aunt Terri throughout the entire visit. From the Kansas vs. UMass basketball game at the SprintCenter, to amazing eats and drinks throughout the week, to enjoying U Frank's man-cave complete with a huge HD Tv and surround sound Bose style, to sleeping in each morning, to visiting wonderfully with family - the trip was excellent.

Things to know before looking at the pictures below: Madison, Clayton, and baby Coleton are my cousin's children. Lyndy is their mom. You'll see quite a few of them - they are most adorable!

Below is a self made picture of Madison, myself, and Clayton. For some reason the first couple of days Madison had a thing about "not smiling".



Here is a shot Kelly caught of the kids sitting in my lap. Clay is making a "funny face," or so he calls it, and Madison is cracking up because she's pushing us all back with her feet on the couch... hence the strain like look on my face.



For Christmas my parents (who came up with sister, Kelsey on Friday) gave Madison a pair of dress up high heels, a feather boa, and some jewelery. Madison is shown here sporting her new outfit. Notice the hip action, she's got 'tude.



Brother Clay did not want to miss the action with the boa, so he took a shot at it later in the evening.



We also had the pleasure of hanging out with Kelly's dad, Larry while in Kansas City. He's working on a project in KC for his job... we were able to enjoy two great dinners with Larry and have him join the Hansen Family (mom's side) Christmas event Saturday night.



Yeah, so mom has a "grinch" face... as we lovingly refer to it. We asked mom to make the grinch face in this shot, as well as have Kelly and Kelsey make their own.



Who knew a 4 year old could be so cute? I think she knows.



Once Kelsey arrived in KC, Kelly had his goofy sister right by his side. They are two pees in a pod, sometimes it's scary. I think they crack each other up.



Clayton is most adorable when he says Kelly's name... it comes out "Telly"... so cute! He and Madison wanted Telly to come watch Backyardigans with them. They asked over and over until they wore Telly down and he accepted the offer. Here is a shot of Clay enjoying some Backyardigans while sitting in Telly's lap.




I had to get a shot of the cuz and me. We were inseparable as younger folks... harder to get all the one on one time we like with families these days but I still adore this gal. So happy to see her this past week!




Mom's parents: Grandma and Grandpa Hansen.



Cabela's is one of the massive stores in a shopping center near my Aunt and Uncle... there we shopped for a couple gifts and found a fun "shooting game" within the store. Here is a picture of Allison (cousin) and I showing off the riffles we shot during the game.



I got a shot with Grandma & Grandpa together with me. Grandma makes the most awesome cheese cake. I had multiple pieces throughout our stay. Yum, Yum!



And last but not least, here is a goofy shot we took ourselves to send out to a couple folks during our trip. I called it our "hi" picture. See I'm waving. Yes. I'm a dork.



I took many more photos, but I'll post those on facebook and will not bore you with them here. Needless to say the trip was more than we expected, an even better time than we imagined. Thank you to all our fabulous family for taking better care of us than we can ourselves!!! We're so blessed with an awesome family... so thankful!

No comments: