Monday, October 12, 2009

Something New: Shrimp Creole

What can you make when you have a green pepper, onion, celery, shrimp, and some rice? I say, if you're lucky enough to have all of those ingredients ready to grab in your kitchen, then shrimp creole is the way to go!

I'm proud to say, I can handle this shrimp creole receipe and I successfully served it to my man and father in law with compliments coming from both.


Shrimp Creole
Ingredients:
1.5 cups chopped onion
1 cup finely chopped celery
2 med. green pepper, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced 
1/4 cup butter/margine
1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
1 cup water
2 tsp snipped parsley
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp cayenne red pepper
2 bay leaves, crushed
14-16 oz cleaned shrimp
3 cups hot cooked rice

Cook and stir onion, celery, green pepper, and garlic in butter until onion is tender. Remove from heat; stir in tomato sauce, water, and seasoning. Simmer uncovered 10 minutes. 
Stir in shrimp. Heat to boiling. Cover and cook over medium heat 10 to 20 minutes or until shrimp are pink and tender. Serve over rice.


I served the above recipe with a side of garlic bread, and voila! Dinner is served. Mmm, Mmm, good. 

I used Salad Shrimp that I got in the frozen aisle at my local grocery. Salad shrimp are itty bitty, just right for this recipe. I asked my main sqeeze to model the meal for me, and then forced a shot out of my father in law to prove that they both ate the meal. ha ha 


 

1 comment:

Mrs. B said...

That looks mighty nice....