Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Country Road

I have the desire to write today but 1,000 things are going through my mind. We're busy these days, and lots of things are going on. From Kelly's busy schedule, to my daily grind, to our extracurricular activities, to catching up on our favorites shows, to training our dog, to finding time for friends and family, to housework, to home improvements, to everything else you can think of - we're definitely on the go. I can't decide which one of the items in my mind I want to focus on and use my blog as an outlet.


I guess what I'll do instead is post this picture.

One of the blogs I follow pretty regularly was suggested by my friend Brittany. Britt has a great blog of her own, and while avidly reading Britt's blog one day, I discovered this site in her list of blog reads. Dooce is usually a good read, and besides the reading enjoyment of the site, the author also posts daily pictures of her dogs and other random things. I happen to think she's a fabulous photographer. The picture above is an example. So one of my favorite items to follow with Dooce, is her photos. Hope you enjoy the one I'm sharing from her today.

This photo, she calls "Country Road" is currently my desktop photo. I love fall. I love the crisp air it brings and the colors that surround it. The smells in the air and the blue jeans and sweatshirts that come out of the closet. The football that takes over my TV, and the passion that spurs for the fans that cheer it on. This photo makes me think of all of that.


At the same time, I find myself staring down that country road wondering where it will take me. Where will I go if I follow that road? What is around the curve when you get there?

And then I ask myself, why do I live in a place that doesn't find a view like this on a regular basis?

2 comments:

Brittany Schwaigert said...

I love this too! You know that she is from Bartlett right?
You can purchase some of her photo prints on her site.

Mrs. McGoo said...

Yeah, her bio cracks me up! Perfect example of her wit written there. Bartlett Mormon turned non Mormon, but lives in Utah. Gets to blog, take pictures, and run a website to cover her household income. NICE! Thanks for the heads up about the prints - I'll keep that in mind!