Thursday, October 16, 2008

Sweeney Todd - Loving Date Night

Ever since the movie came out, I've been wanting to see Johnny Depp's depiction of Sweeney Tood - The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. I love musicals, I love plays, I love theater, and I love Johnny Depp, so I knew it would be good. I think the movie even won awards. However, I haven't stopped to actually watch the movie yet. It's still in my plan of things to do.

Nevertheless, I'm uber excited to see the theater version of Sweeney Todd tomorrow at the Memphis Theater.

Kelly and I have a fabulous date night planned. First, we will use the Folks Folly gift certificate my father in law, Larry gave to us for our wedding (1.5+ years ago). Yummy expensive eats. Then, we will make our way to the Memphis Theater for the 8pm performance of Sweeney Todd. I'm so excited!!! It should be super fun and entertaining.

Kelly also informed me that he helped direct, or was in (I can't remember, sorry honey) Sweeney Todd during his younger years. So he's very familiar with this show. I've only read things about it. Never seen it. So I'm in for a treat. I think I'll watch the movie this weekend after seeing the depiction of the show on stage.

Update: Sweeney Todd at the Memphis Theater was great last night. We really enjoyed it. If you like the theater and musicals are your thing, go have a date night or a random night out and support your local theater.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Was your date night everything you hoped it would be?! Hope you enjoyed the time alone...together...you know what I mean :)