Homestyle Apple Brown Betty
- 6 cups cooking apples, peeled, cored, and cut into eighths
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts - I used pecans
- Coat crock pot slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place apples in bottom.
- Combine bread crumbs, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, brown sugar, butter, and walnuts.
- Cover; cook on low 3 to 4 hours or on high for 2 hours.