Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Rock Star Weekend

We had a rock star Easter Weekend!

After a breakfast meeting with an old friend Friday morning and class for Mr. McGoo, we made our way to Nashville for the rest of the weekend. There we stayed with our dear friends, Mike and Tab and soaked up their wonderful hospitality, enjoyed their beautiful home, adorable dog- Bailey, and just had a great time visiting with them intimately over the weekend. Thank you Mike and Tabitha for a wonderful time, as well as the awesome encouragement and love. We think ya'll are great and are blessed to have you in our lives.

Among the activities of the weekend were a bachelor party event for Mr. McGoo and buds, dinner out with friends and family, an early to bed night for Mrs. McGoo (love it!), Pancake Pantry breakfast with the brother-in-law, a wedding, a wonderful time of celebration for the things are Savior has done for us at a Easter service at Green Hills Church, lunch and visit time with the sis and bro-in-law on Sunday, and a gorgeous drive home with awesome weather.

We came back refreshed, encouraged, and looking forward to our next visit. Below are some of my favorite photos of the weekend - these were all taken at the wedding venue we attended - Cedarwood. Gorgeous location.


Now the zoom-zoom week and weeks have begun... I have my lab practical final this Saturday - attempting to study for that as I may, and my lecture final exam for A&P2 next Saturday. We had bunko last night - YAY I actually brought home some more cash then when I left! This is an important detail because Mr. McGoo had put me on probation to my "stinky" playing of past. He said if I did not win something this month or next, he'd suspend me. Whoooo, I got highest points this month so I'm clear for awhile. ha ha.

Tomorrow I have my first Bible Study (a monthly affair) with our Sunday School women. I'm excited... we are beginning a study, I believe on the Spirit-Filled life. I look forward to being challenged and encouraged along in my walk.

Thursday and Friday I'm hoping to devote my evenings to my study habits - "hoping" is the key word there... this dang beautiful weather sure is distracting.

Lots going on as usual with the McGoo's - just a small glimpse here. More to come soon.

1 comment:

Brittany Schwaigert said...

That is a beautiful location. A friend of a friend got married there!