Monday, September 28, 2009

We're a Team

From the very beginning, the hubby and I have had a theme to our marriage. An underlying motto ... something that we have focused on throughout the first two and a half years of our marriage and plan to acknowledge to the finish line...

WE'RE A TEAM.

This phrase came about from my awesome hubby. One day, either during the beginning of our engagement or right before we were engaged, I was stressing about something. Worried or bothered by something, and while my man was reassuring me that everything would be okay, he looked at me, grabbed my hand, and said, "listen, we're a team!" It stuck!




It became our marriage theme/motto and I even had it engraved onto my hubby's wedding band as a surprise. The dictionary defines "team" as a cooperative unit. And it's true... WE ARE A TEAM!

Whatever it is... whatever we come up against... we've got each other and we back each other up! I'm so thankful that the Lord blessed me with a mate that I can not only view as a husband, but as a friend, a lover, a brother in Christ, and a teammate.

That phrase often comforts me. Especially hearing it from my handsome man's mouth... in the midst of choas sometimes, hearing him say, "we're a team" can settle me. Thank you, honey!

2 comments:

Frank Bryant said...

Good post. I read that Love is still blind.

Aunt Rene said...

What a TRUTH about marriage... Uncle Rodney & I have been a team for 33years...amazing. yesterday, I drove the truck & he threw rock gravel on the lane..takes two to tango and is so much fun! Love you, Aunt Rene