Tuesday, September 16, 2008

He Knew I'd Blog

Kelly and I had a moment this weekend, a moment in which he looked at me after the moment and said, "AND DON'T BLOG ABOUT THIS EITHER!!!!" ha ha ha. He knew I couldn't resist, and we joked about it the rest of the night.

Friday, I believe it was. Kelly can always correct me if I'm wrong. He's not shy about doing that.

So Friday it was... I came home after a full day of work and found my hubby laying on the couch after a day full of school, part time job, and laying out clothes for the soccer guys that didn't travel this weekend. There he laid, watching TV. As I proceeded to complete my normal "I'm finally home" routine (love on the dogs as they attack me at the door, put down my purse, survey the house - front room and kitchen - to see what my daily cleaning tasks need to be accomplished, breathing, and turning around to come love on my man), I realized what Kelly was watching.... 90210.

Not the oldie but goodie, we all grew up with it, 90210, but the NEW, trying to be something it's not for the new generation, 90210. Hello?! I couldn't help but think, "are you seriously watching this?" But I figured I'd give it a shot. I sat down, skeptically, but still sat down without a word, and watched the rest of the episode.

Following the show, I couldn't resist any longer...

"Are you seriously watching this? How retarded of a show!"

Automatically Kelly got semi defensive in a comical way, "what do you mean? It's 90210, I loved that show growing up!"

"Yeah, so did I, but this is NOT the old show. This is another trashy remake that doesn't look any good. Why do you watch this crap?"

And then the hysterical occurred....

Kelly started "yelling" in this hilarious voice, sounds like a teenage that was just told they couldn't text anymore because they didn't do what they told... he just went off...

"GOSH! You don't understand me anymore!!! You just don't get it. This show is what it's like out there. ALL THE PRESSURE. Peer pressure, drugs, drinking, girls. You just don't understand. You're too far removed. You don't get all the pressure I have and how this helps me. I can't believe it, GOSH. You just don't understand!!!"

On and on and on he went, cracking me up!!! Halfway through, my hysterical laughter started to make him crack, but one burst of laughter by himself, and then he went back into character. "You don't get it! I'm in college! There is so much pressure! You're just too far removed!"

Ha! Finally I jumped on top of him and we cracked up together and laughed about it the rest of the week.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok - totally cracking up reading this! absolutely hilarious! when I read the part "Kelly started "yelling" in this hilarious voice, sounds like a teenage that was just told they couldn't text anymore because they didn't do what they told..." I could totally hear bubba doing that - oh my gosh - great start to my day reading that! :)

Kelly said...

My husband must not have read this yet...or he would comment and CONFESS that he, too, has been watching the new 90210! And I too have been dogging him in my mind! He did say last night, tho, that if it doesn't get any better, he'll probably stop watching..just not enough about the original characters to keep him interested....funny.

Mrs. McGoo said...

Kelly, maybe you just don't understand him and where he's coming from?! :) ha. Funny stuff.

Anonymous said...

Hey i dont appreciate this..

i AM a college student. and i AM under a lot of pressure. :(

Thanks a lot kelly.. hmph. :(

Mr. McGoo said...

So am I. So Nah!

Brittany Schwaigert said...

I totally watched the first episode of this and Ryan made fun of me too. I never watched the real one, but we were in the hospital and my excuse was that it was that or Dora the Explorer okay?
I didn't think it was terrrrible.