Wednesday, May 26, 2010

New Shirt

I'm wearing my new 147millionorphans gear today! I have been wanting some for some time now - have purchased it for others as gifts, but until this week - I haven't owned some on my own. I'm pumped and proud to wear it. Our departure for Ethiopia is around the corner, and I knew with the intensity of the sun there, I should probably have some 3/4 length shirts on during some of the afternoons to guard my body a bit from the rays. I thought if I was going to spend the money on a few extra pieces of clothing, why not make it "worth while" in supporting a good cause.

Three reasons I'm digging my new tee: First, to know an article of clothing helped feed children in Uganda is fabulous. Secondly, the baseball Tee fits GREAT. And Thirdly, it's most comfortable and lightweight! wow!

I'm a dork, as most of you that read this very well know, and so I had to get a photo of me in the shirt to post here. You would have CRACKED up seeing my photo "session" attempting to get the right shot where I didn't look like a totally dork AND the shirt was shown well enough. Hilarious. I tried multiple angles, from taking a self photo (like the one posted) to setting the timer and putting the camera in different locations for multiple angles. I laughed at myself during the process, and especially when I saw some of the photos, and finally chose this one to showcase.

Here is my 147millionorphans/Amazima Ministries baseball tee. I love it. This shirt brings awareness to the 147 million orphans in the world, as well as supports Amazima Ministries International - which I have spoken about more than once on this blog. I'm excited about my shirt, so I thought I'd share.

1 comment:

Frank Bryant said...

The shirt looks good. You are not a dork. Can't wait to see you guys on Friday evening. Looking forward to the ghetto BBQ.