Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Daddy's Girl, no doubt!

He didn't tell me how to live;
he lived, and let me watch him do it.

~Clarence Budington Kelland

Father's Day - a day to make us stop and tell our daddy's how much they mean to us! A good day. I should tell my pop more often than not, because I think he's the greatest.

In typical Daddy form, he reminded me and the other two daughters that we do not need to get him anything, simply a card is fine. But of course, Dad's always thinking of us instead of him. We did not listen and worked on getting him a good gift. However, Dad's hard to shop for, he'd never let you know if he disliked the gift. You could wrap up a brick for the man, and out of true love he'd tell you it was the greatest thing he's ever received. He's too good to us.

But nevertheless, mom, and the girls tried their best. Mom purchased him the Mini Keurig Single Cup Coffee Maker. He's been looking at it for months, but never pulled the trigger, so
Mom took the plunge for him instead. Kelsey got him the movie WALL-E, which I'm looking forward to borrowing, and the Kcup filter for Dad to use his own coffee with the coffee maker. The hubby and I bought him a 60 Kcup sample pack so he could figure out what brands and flavors of Kcups he would enjoy. And Robin and her hubby sent him an awesome salt and pepper shaker that is in the shape of a hamburger. The top bun and fixins are the salt, and the bottom bun and meat are the pepper. Very cute! Plus some seasoning and spices for the grill. Very nice!

Minus being bothered that his girls spent money on him, rather than themselves, I think Dad enjoyed all the gifts. I sure had fun taking pictures of the present opening. Enjoy...


LOVE YOU DADDY.
YOU ARE THE GREATEST!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! uFrank

Brittany Schwaigert said...

I am interested in the KCup. Let me know how he likes it! I love flavored stuff, so that is right up my alley.
Also--cute new background! :)