Sunday, June 7, 2009

1300 Miles, FL Sun, and a Coldplay Concert

After putting almost 1300 miles on our car, and being away for 5 days we are back home and in the saddle of the daily grind. What a fabulous, whirlwind trip!

From my nonstop reading of the Twilight series to my hubby's wonderful shrimp boil. From outlet mall shopping to great hangout time with my hubby, mom, dad, UFrank, Aunt Terri, and some friends. From watching little kids do the cha-cha slide at Elmo's Grill to seeing my hubby and friends get crabs and tear into them at Nick's. From the beautiful clouds and crashing waves of the ocean to being told by Beach Security that bottles were not allowed and we could be charged a $500 fine. From Tuesday night until we headed to Nashville on Saturday morning, we had a great time in Florida.

The beach was perfect on Friday, I don't think I could have asked for more! The temperature was amazing and made for a truly relaxing day. As we enjoyed the sand, waves, and rays, the clouds canvased over the sky. It was awesome how at the exact moment that I began to be too warm, a cloud would cover the sun for just a few minutes and offer an awesome breeze. Each time this seemed to give me the right amount of relief before the sun poked its head out to greet and warm us all again. It was awesome. Another day to have like that would have been just perfect, however we had to make our way to Nashville for the Coldplay concert Saturday.

The Coldplay concert was AMAZING!!! After a long drive from FL to Nashville, the hubby and I spent a few hours relaxing at my sister's house before heading to dinner and the show. The trip was well worth it as Coldplay put on a fantastic concert. I was not sure what to expect from them, but I was fully entertained and thrilled with the experience! Kelly had seen them perform the last time they were in Nashville and he was also thoroughly satisfied with the performance this go around. GREAT SHOW!!!

Now it's time to get back to the daily grind... real world, non vacation time, here we come!

Above is a shot of the blue crabs we enjoyed at Nicks in Destin. Mmmm Mmmm Good!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Lexi saw the pics and asked what Telly and Heaver were doin. :)

Brittany Schwaigert said...

JEALOUS!!!!!