Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Book Corner

After completing the Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer (VERY GOOD!!!) I am left with an appetite for another good read, but am hoping for a different direction. I have not yet decided if I want to go fiction or nonfiction.

If you have some suggestions, throw them my way - the comments section is wide open on this one. If you don't mind, please give a quick reason as to why you're suggesting it.

I'm going to look over my book shelves in the next few days to see if anything tickles my fancy. I know I have more than a few on the shelves that have not been read yet. I love buying books. When I was single, I would go to Borders on occasion and just pick up reads as the cover and back description interested me. I'd come home after spending over $100 on new reads and just bask in my new collection. The smell of a new book is something I enjoy. Weird, huh? Needless to say, my frequency of reading and especially frequency of book purchasing since I've been married has dropped dramatically. I wonder why? ;)

I remember my friend Tabitha recommending "Mistaken Identity" at one point. I'm not sure who the author is but I wrote the title down in my day planner one day after her suggestion. So who knows, I might pick that one up before the 3day weekend begins. (I took Friday off for the lake, very excited!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

James Patterso is always a good choice. Some his mystery series is a little gruesome, but his fantasy work is not. I especially liked his book about 3 kids that were genetically engineered to fly. If you are interested, I will get the title. I know of no author as prolific as Patterson so if you connect with his style, his library will keep you busy for months.

Anonymous said...

BTW - The last post was uFrank

Anonymous said...

Maximum Ride by James Patterson

Carol V said...

James Patterson's books are always good, I'd agree with other comments. I especially like the Women's Murder Club Series. I think there are now 8 books here. Good stuff.

In the last few years my favorite authors include Nick Hornby, Elizabeth Noble, and Malcolm Gladwell. Hornby is British and a lot of his books have been turned into movies like About a Boy. I especially liked Slam and A Long Way Down. Noble's books are also set in the UK and they tend to be good "chick" books that all women can relate to. I have her latest on a pile ready to go. Gladwell's books are a good break from the novel and interesting looks into certain psychological and human interactions. I need to get his latest.

I'd also say Eat, Pray, Love if you haven't yet read it. I'm currently reading The Secret Life of Bees and so far am enjoying it!

Unknown said...

"when People are big and God is Small" Edward T. Welch

Anonymous said...

Hey H2... I have read about zillion books lately. If you enjoyed the Twilight books, then try reading Charlaine Harris' books in the Sookie Stackhouse series. Very good. More grown up than Twilight. I have recently read Eat Pray Love too, which is great. You could always give Jane Austen a go... start with Pride and Prejudice. Anything by Jodi Picoult is a great read, good for summer reading by the lake :)
If I can think of more, I will hit you back. Love ya Elizabeth