Thursday, August 21, 2008

It's a Kelebration!

I'm sure all of you are familiar with that legendary (not sure if it's truly legendary, but I think everyone knows it) song that goes like this:


Celebrate good times, come on! (Let's celebrate)
Celebrate good times, come on! (Let's celebrate)

There's a party goin' on right here
A celebration to last throughout the years
So bring your good times, and your laughter too
We gonna celebrate your party with you

Come on now

Celebration
Let's all celebrate and have a good time
Celebration
We gonna celebrate and have a good time



Well... have you heard about the KELebration????



Yep, that's right KEL-ebration. Like Kelly Celebration. Yeppers... my hubby cracks me up. Last night, before bed, Kelly attempted to get me to rub his feet. Mind you it was almost midnight at this point & I was having none of it. I wanted to sleep AND he's getting a massage for his birthday on Monday. A full HOUR massage, so I was thinking he could deal until Monday and use as much of his hour as he liked on his feet.

So, having been shut down, Kelly went to plan B, he quickly announced, "don't you know it's my birthday?"


To which I responded, "It's not your birthday til Monday, and you get an hour massage then, you'll be okay."


"But it's August, it's my birthday month. We should celebrate all month long!"

I then gave him that wifely look, like 'seriously?'


And he then busted out with "It's a Kelebration!"


"A what?", I asked in a high pitched voice.


"You know, a Kelebration. August is my birthday month, we should celebrate all month, it's a Kelebration."

and then he busted into song. Yes, into a Kelebration song....

You can imagine it, can't you? He actually sang it all the way through. Hilariously wonderful!!! "Kelebration! Kelebrate good times, come On!"



Afterwards, while continuing to crack up, I let my hubby know that he would make my blog today. He challenged me that I would forget by the morning, so I leaned over quickly, grabbed my cell phone and texted "kelebration" to my email. Ha. Good times!

Here is a random shot I just took of the pup & me. It's been awhile since I've captured a picture of Dexter. So here he is. Growing up, like a weed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously Kelly!? You really think you are THAT important for a full month of "kelebration"?

If you get one month for your birthday.. I get two! :P

Mr. McGoo said...

When you have yours, you can have a "Kelsebration"....I might even sing for you!!

Until then, "It's time, to come togetha, it's up to you, what's your pleasure....everyone around tha world COME ON!!"

Anonymous said...

TOO FREAKIN HILARIOUS! Can so see him doing that and bobbing his head, closing his eyes to really get into it... too much! - Laura

Brittany Schwaigert said...

Love the background and Dexter is soooo big!!!