Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Olympics Sure Look Good on HD

I love the Olympics. They're great. I have a feeling that over the next two weeks my sleeping habits will not be very good. It's hard to turn the tub off and head to bed when the Olympics look so good on HD. Especially swimming! I love the swimming. Diving, swimming races, water polo, anything in the water fascinates me. On a HD TV the water is bluer than blue. It's awesome. Then you have the gymnastics, wow. How do they do that with their bodies?

So, I just watched a 100 meter (there and back) race of the backstroke for men. It hit me, following the race... these men, these athletes, spend 85%+ of their current lives practicing, training, and developing themselves daily for a 100 meter event, something that lasts less than 60 seconds! Isn't that crazy?! In less than a minute for some of these events, everything they trained for either comes into fruition or is done and not complete. Wow.

WHOOOOO - we just WON GOLD for the Men's FreeStyle Relay - beat the favorites - France!!! Kelly and I were screaming at the TV as the last leg was making their way to the end. Jason Lezak was amazing!!! He totally pulled the gold from the French fingers. When he touched the wall and the #1 showed up for the United States, my hubby and I screamed "whoo" and high-fived. ha ha ha. See, only the Olympics! ha.

On another note, this weekend was my middle sister's Bachelorette Party. Kelsey (the youngest sister) and I put together a full weekend event for Robin. It was her bachelorette party, her lingerie party, and a surprise guy/girl weekend. It turned out great. We were blessed to have a really nice and large cabin in Pickwick available to us. It set the stage for a great weekend. We surprised Robin by having her fiance and guy friends there to hangout, and were still able to have some girl time alone and shower her with lingerie gifts. To the left is a picture of the bride-to-be and the apparel we made her wear this weekend. She has about a month and half before the big day, but we hope this weekend continued to help set the stage for the awesome day to come.

No comments: