Monday, August 27, 2012

TFC Blog: I Can Advocate!

In the fall of 2009, the Lord began to truly open my eyes and break my heart  to the reality that many children in this world are without the most pivotal of needs: LOVE.

God solidified this ache within me to “do something” for the least of these in June, 2010. He allowed me the opportunity and provided for my husband and me to go on a short-term mission trip with our church. We went to Ethiopia to support and serve the ministry of our homegrown missionaries, Joe & Karyn Bridges. The ministry was The Forsaken Children, and the Ethiopian partner ministry we worked with was Onesimus. My life has never been the same since that journey, and I have not been able to ignore the numerous mentions in God’s word regarding our responsibility as believers to love and care for the least of these.

I have not returned to Ethiopia since my two trips in 2010. Although I’ve yearned to go back, [. . .]

  
[ Finish reading my blog post at The Forsaken Children Blog ]

No comments: