Monday, May 2, 2011

Nashville

The weekend before Easter I had the opportunity to travel to Nashville. It had been awhile since I found my way to this beautiful city last, and I was excited to see my sis and bro in law, catch a glimpse of the new house, and visit some of my Nashville friends while in town.

Although I had intended on coming for the weekend plus some, fundraising endeavors for the Ethiopia Short Term Mission Trip at Central Church kept me in Memphis until Saturday afternoon. I was glad I stayed for the events because the Ethiopia Yard Sale raised the team over $500 and the most creative fundraiser yet, Zumba for Ethiopia raised over $400.

Once the fundraisers were complete, I hit the road and made it to Nashville in time to eat dinner with sis, bro in law, and my folks who were also visiting for the weekend. We had a great time, talking and competing with one another on Words with Friends. At multiple times post dinner the five of us were sitting in the living room together, completely silent, playing against each other (4+ games happening on each of our phones at the same time). The only time the silence would be broken was the point in which someone was killed by a big point move by their opponent. Hilarious or sad, I'm not sure which, but I'm certain we all enjoyed it!

B.I.L. (Brent) and SIS (Robin) - the good looking couple after Sushi Dinner

Middle sis and Bro's new house did NOT disappoint. As expected, it's absolutely adorable and being pulled together decor wise with some made skills. Check out the process on my sister's blog: Kee Creative. They have done a ton of work already to the house, painting in EVERY ROOM to start. In my opinion the house could not be any cuter or more perfect for this favorite couple of mine. I enjoyed their living room the first night, sleeping on the couch while Mom and Pop were in town and then got to experience the dark blue, rich colored guest room the second night once Mom and Pop had headed back home. Both were great experience and I look forward to visiting with Mr. McGoo next.

My fur-niece and fur-nephew DEFINITELY love their new casa. Lots of room to roam and especially lots of windows to look outside. Here is shot of the fur-niece scoping out the neighborhood for me while I leisurely read on Monday when everyone else was at work. Nice!



In addition to spending time with my sis and bro, I made use of my Monday visit to see some Nashville friends. I met a girlfriend for lunch, whom I love and although the visit with short and sweet, it warmed my heart to hear what God is doing in her and her hubby's life and was great to share with her all that's happening in ours. Tabitha is such an encouragement to me, so even though it was during her lunch break and short, I'm so thankful she took the time to visit with me.

Likewise, I was able to have a coffee date with another Nashville friend of mine. Katie, who you may know from her blog that I follow (here) was able to meet with me at Starbucks. She brought her youngest son, Yohannes with her and I was able to meet him for the first time! It was GREAT visiting and catching up. And seeing Yohannes in person was wonderful, especially after so many times of prayer for him and about him. He's adorable just like Katie's other boys and has a personality of his own. I was so blessed to be able to hear all about the things God is doing in her and her family's lives and was encouraged by her constant support of the things Mr. McGoo and I are pursuing and doing with The Forsaken Children and ministry in Ethiopia. I'm looking forward to the next get together for sure!

Although the trip was short: Saturday evening in, Monday evening out - I was able to do some of my favorite things will people I love: talk, drink coffee, eat, laugh, worship Jesus, go to church, sing, dance, read, etc. A great visit and I'm ready to go back - next time I'll bring the spouse!

I'm so proud of my sister and all that God is doing in her life!

No comments: