Thursday, May 5, 2011

National Day of Prayer

Today is National Day of Prayer. Today marks the 60th annual event and this year's theme is "A Mighty Fortress is Our God" from Psalm 91:2, which states: "I will say to the Lord, my refuge and my fortress, my God in whom I trust."
 
Remember today to take some time to pray for our family, friends, coworkers, country, leadership, other countries around the world, etc. 1 Thessalonians 5:17 (pray without ceasing)!
 
Here is a great article from Ernie Frey (my church pastor) about why we need National Day of Prayer: http://faithinmemphis.com/2011/05/02/frey-would-the-real-church-please-kneel/ 
 
It really resonated with me.
 
 
If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.”2 Chronicles 7:14 

No comments: